Anyway, I was going to feature the four Baldwin Brothers (one for each week I've missed), but it has come to my attention that they're not worth covering. So after perusing Wikipedia's list of show business families to find a suitable replacement, I was shocked at the amount of connections I found. So for this week I'm going to bring to your attention the most notable connections on that list and hopefully return to normalcy next week.
- Actor Miguel Ferrer is the cousin of George Clooney.
- Joel Coen (of the famous Coen Brothers directing duo) is married to Frances McDormand (which makes a lot of sense now).
- One of my favorites - Talia Shire (Adrian from Rocky) and director Francis Ford Coppola are siblings. Talia's kids are actor/musician Robert Carmine (lead singer of Rooney) and actor/musician Jason Schwartzman (ex-drummer for Phantom Planet). Director Sofia Coppola is Francis' daughter. Actor Nicholas Cage is Talia's nephew.
- Actor Tony Curtis (Spartacus) and actress Janet Leigh (Psycho) are parents of Jamie Lee Curtis, who is married to actor/comedian Christopher Guest.
- Actress Debbie Reynolds is Carrie Fisher's mother.
- Rashida Jones (Karen from "The Office") is the daughter of musician Quincy Jones.
- Direct-to-DVD star Casper Van Dien is the great-great-great nephew of Mark Twain.